As per State of Illinois Board of Education standards, bus service is offered for students who live more than 1.5 miles from their school. Bus service is also offered for all students, regardless of distance, if the student would have to walk across a "Serious Safety Hazard" such as a railroad track. Bus transportion sign-up is part of the student school registration packet.
Bus Service Provider:
First Student Inc.
6110 E. Avenue
Hodgkins IL 60525
If the student misses their bus for any reason, it will be the parent's/guardian's responsibility to transport the student to school. The parent/guardian should always call the school secretary at 708-482-2720 if the student will be late or absent due to missing the bus.
School Bus Rules:
1. Stay off the roads at all times while waiting for the bus.
2. Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before attempting to board it or get off.
3. Do not move toward the bus at the school loading zone until the bus has been brought to a complete stop.
4. Keep hands and head inside the bus at all times after entering, and until leaving the bus.
5. Remember that loud talking and laughing or unnecessary confusion diverts the driver’s attention and may result in a serious accident.
6. Never tamper with the bus or any of its equipment.
7. Keep the bus and aisles clean and free of clutter.
8. Do not throw anything out of the bus window.
9. Do not leave your seat while the bus is in motion.