New Health Service Procedures 2022-2023
The D105 Health Team has streamlined and updated the procedures for accepting all PHYSICAL EXAMS, IMMUNIZATION RECORDS, MEDICATION PAPERWORK, AND MEDICATIONS. Please note the changes that will be enforced begining with the 2023-24 School Year. The main office staff will no longer accept health examinations/immunization forms, medication, or medication forms.
- All physical exam and immunization documents should be uploaded during registration in PowerSchool.
- If you are unable to upload the forms, they must be placed in the school’s “After Hours” drop box. These are located outside of each school.
- Medication and medication forms can only be given to a D105 school nurse and checked for compliance before being accepted at school.
- No medication or medication forms will be accepted unless all paperwork is complete, and it is turned in directly to a school nurse. This includes Emergency Action Plans signed by the HealthCare Provider.
- D105 will provide several Student Health Drop Off Days throughout the summer for parents to bring in paperwork and medication. These can also be turned in during normal school nursing hours (8:30-3pm) and anytime by appointment.
State of Illinois Health Requirements
1. Current Physical Examination (within 1 yr of first day of school) with complete immunization records. *This is required for the first day of school.
2. Dental Examination Performed by a licensed dentist and recorded on the State form by 5/15/2023. Can be done between 11/15/21 and 5/15/23.
3. Vision Examination- required by 10/15/2022.
1. A dental examination is required for all students and due by 5/15/2023. Can be done between 11/15/21 and 5/15/23.
*The following examinations are required for entrance into sixth grade:
1. Current Physical Examination (within 1 yr of first day of school) with complete immunization records. *This is required for first day of school.
2. Dental Examination due by 5/15/2023. Can be done between 11/15/21 and 5/15/23.
3. Additional Immunizations: Tdap, 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox), 1 dose meningococcal vaccine on or after the 11th birthday.
The following examinations are required for entrance into school:
1. Physical Examination with complete immunization records.
2. Dental Examination (required for K, 2nd and 6th)
3. Vision Examination - Required for any student entering an Illinois school for the first time at any grade and due by October 15,2022.
Eye Exam Requirement and Eye Health In Children
Registered Nurse Contacts
Samantha Dellaportas (District)
Crawford, Amy RN (Gurrie/Spring Ave.)
Olszowka, Jennifer RN (Seventh Ave)
O'Shea-Sigert, Sharon, RN (Hodgkins )