Laptops/Chromebooks/iPads: All district issued devices and power adapters will need to be returned and checked in with your building Library Media Specialist before your last day of school. If your device has damage or is experiencing an issue of any kind, please let us know as soon as possible so we can evaluate it and have it sent out for repair before the warranty expires. Staff returning to work summer school or next school year will be issued a Chromebook at that time.
Monitors/Document Cameras/Handwriting Pad/MOVO Speakers/Hot Spots/Other Tech: Any additional classroom technology assigned to you needs to be turned in for maintenance, repair, cleaning and inventory purposes. This additional technology will need to be returned and checked in with your building Library Media Specialist before your last day of school.
Laptops: D105 certified staff are able keep their D105 laptops over the summer, However, if your laptop has damage or is experiencing an issue of any kind, please let us know as soon as possible so we can evaluate it and have it sent out for repair before the warranty expires. A loaner can be provided if necessary. If for some reason you don’t want to take your device home over the summer please let us know and we will store it for you safely over the summer. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR COMPUTER IN YOUR CLASSROOM EVEN IN A LOCKED DRAWER/CABINET. Those of you scheduled to receive a new device will receive a separate email to make arrangements, so please watch your D105 email for and respond to these important messages.
iPads: All district iPads and power adapters will need to be returned and checked in with your building Library Media Specialist before your last day of school.
Chromebooks: All district Chromebooks and power adapters will need to be returned and checked in with your building Library Media Specialist before your last day of school.
Monitors/Document Cameras/Handwriting Pad/MOVO Microphone/Voice Amplifier/Hot Spots/Other Tech: Any additional classroom technology assigned to you for your use or student use in the classroom, needs to be turned in for maintenance, repair, cleaning and inventory purposes. Anything issued specifically to you (or your classroom) such as a document camera will be re-issued at the start of the school year. Any additional devices checked-out to you or your classroom will need to be returned and checked in with your building Library Media Specialist before your last day of school.
Phones/Interactive Whiteboards:Please do not move or unplug your phone, even if you are changing rooms next year. Also, please be sure to leave your Epson or Promethean pens and remote attached with Velcro to the board and the cords should also remain attached to the board.
Any items you have saved to Google Drive will be available from any device throughout the summer, the same as they are during the school year. However, if you are leaving the district at the end of the year or if you support 8th graders who will be graduating please see the attached “Procedures- Google Files and Exporting to Thumb Drive-8th Grade” document (from a Chromebook or laptop) which will walk you through saving any documents you wish to keep to either a personal desktop or laptop (it doesn’t have to be a thumb drive). Please remember, when staff members or students leave the district their Google account will be removed and all data in their Google Drive will be deleted. (FYI-8th Grade accounts will be deleted in late June or early July.)
As part of the year end procedures, all Google classrooms will be archived after the PowerSchool rollover the first week in July. When a class is archived, it’s archived for all students and teachers in the class. If we don’t archive a class, students and teachers in the class continue to see it on their Classes page. This is what happens once we archive it:
- It’s placed in a separate area to preserve the class materials, student work, and posts. You won’t see it with your active classes on the Classes page.
- You and your students can view an archived class. To use the class again, you have to restore it.
- You and your students can still access any class materials in Google Drive. That includes any attachments for assignments or other student work.
- Students can’t unenroll from an archived class. This can limit how students can manage the classes they’re done taking.
- The class calendar remains in your Google Calendar and in your students' calendars. If you no longer need the class, you can remove its calendar from view, or delete it permanently. For instructions, go to Delete or unsubscribe from a calendar.
Note: An archived class stays in Classroom until you delete it. That’s why an archived class’s calendar still shows in your Google Calendar.
Please feel free to delete a class if you no longer need or want it. Only the primary teacher can delete a class. If not, expect the archiving to happen early next month.
One week after the school year has ended, ParentSquare will run their archiving process for the current year. The process of archiving allows us to start the new school year with a clean slate for our new students and parents. You will still be able to access archived Posts after the Archive process has concluded. If you wish to re-use a post from year to year, you need to duplicate it prior to the archiving. For instructions, click here.
On the last day of the school year, student and parent information will no longer be updated in ParentSquare. You are still able to create Posts and communicate with your students and their parents until the archive date.
One week after school has concluded, all Posts in your classes and groups will be archived and your classes will disappear from your account. You may still direct message and access previous direct messages, but the ability to Post to a specific group or class will not be available after this date.
Access to your new classes, students and their parents will be available after our summer rollover occurs the first week in July and as students are being enrolled into PowerSchool and scheduled into classes. Until students have been scheduled into their new classroom, we ask that you refrain from posting until first week of school. At this time, all classes will be available.
Active SeeSaw classes will be automatically archived with the PowerSchool rollover as well. Teachers then have the ability to delete a class if it is no longer needed. Here is more information on archiving and deleting a class. New classes will be created automatically and students rostered via the Clever sync, which will start in the second week of August. Students may not be rostered until the first day of the school year when classes become active in PowerSchool.
Anyone using the Boardmaker software will need to return the CD to the District Office for inventory. When the new year starts, you will be issued a copy at that time.
Hapara's Google docs folder sections are archived over the summer in the first week of July automatically. This means:
- The completed year's classes are no longer visible in Hāpara, and an error is displayed when logging in to Hāpara Teacher Dashboard or Highlights.
- Workspace is still accessible directly, but Workspaces are no longer organized by class. They can be found under Owned by me or Shared with me.
- All class and student content is still accessible through Google Drive. Teachers maintain edit rights to their class folders, so they can navigate through the 'Shared with me' section of Drive to locate archived class and student folders.
- Once classes have been archived, teachers can move class folders from previous years for their own filing purposes. For example, teachers may want to create a "Historical Classes" folder, and move the previous class root folders into it. Note: If a teacher has enabled Google Drive Sync with a local computer, then the teacher may want to disable this for the "Historical Classes" folder. Otherwise, when teachers move class root folders into it, all student-created content for the class will be copied to the teacher's computer, consuming large amounts of network bandwidth and disk space.
- Hāpara Highlights will no longer be available for the classes that have been archived.