National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Certification
School District 105 has ten National Board for Professional Teaching Standards certified teachers:
• Angie Bukowiecki - Seventh Avenue School
• Elizabeth Waterston– Spring Avenue School
• Christine Eck – Spring Avenue School
• Julie Folliard – Spring Avenue School
• Julie McGovern – Gurrie Middle School
• Leesa McHugh – Hodgkins School
• Marcella Ortiz – Ideal School
• Robin Petrak – Seventh Avenue Schools
• John Signatur – Hodgkins School
• Amy Synowiec – Gurrie Middle School
National Board Certification is a very prestigious credential. Teachers who achieve certification have met rigorous standards through intensive study, expert evaluation, self-assessment, and peer review. The certification process focuses on classroom instruction and is ultimately designed to benefit students. With only about 30% of National Board candidates earning certification on their first attempt, the certification process can take up to three years.
The percentage of Nationally Board Certified Teachers in District 105 places the district among the leaders in Illinois.
For more information on the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards click HERE.